Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Law and Justice
State investigates patient's escape from Western State Hospital
The Washington Department of Social and Health Services is reviewing how a patient was able to escape from
Western State Hospital at Lakewood.
Jonathan D. Wilson remained in Pierce County Jail over the weekend, and Department of Corrections spokesman Chad Lewis says officials are deciding Monday where he should be transferred.
The News Tribune's Stacia Glenn reports Wilson may be headed to Mason County.
Washington Corrections Center in Shelton is "a likely option," Lewis said.
Wilson, who refers to himself as "The Son of Satan" was involuntarily committed in January.
The 26-year-old was captured in Tacoma on Saturday, a day after he walked out the doors as he was escorted from the recovery center to the gym.
DSHS Secretary Susan Dreyfus said Saturday that all security protocols were followed. She says the department will provide a full briefing Wednesday.
Wilson was admitted to Western Jan. 18 on an involuntary civil commitment. He had previously been jailed in Snohomish County in 2008 in an arson case.