Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Fri November 9, 2012
State may ban some octopus hunting near Seattle
The Washington Fish and Wildlife Department says it will consider banning octopus hunting near popular Seattle beaches and possibly other areas of Puget Sound where divers enjoy watching the animals.
The department said Thursday it would hold public meetings this winter on the proposed ban.
The move is a response to the outrage that erupted last week after a 19-year-old diver wrestled a giant Pacific octopus onto a popular West Seattle beach.