Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Fri November 9, 2012
State may ban some octopus hunting near Seattle
The Washington Fish and Wildlife Department says it will consider banning octopus hunting near popular Seattle beaches and possibly other areas of Puget Sound where divers enjoy watching the animals.
The department said Thursday it would hold public meetings this winter on the proposed ban.
The move is a response to the outrage that erupted last week after a 19-year-old diver wrestled a giant Pacific octopus onto a popular West Seattle beach.