Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon October 3, 2011
State Sen. Baumgartner announces for Cantwell seat
SPOKANE, Wash. — Republican State Sen. Michael Baumgartner of Spokane is announcing he will seek the U.S. Senate seat held by Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell.
The 35-year-old Baumgartner is in his first term after winning the most expensive state senate campaign in Washington history last year.
Baumgartner graduated from Washington State and holds a master's degree from Harvard. He served as a State Department diplomat in Iraq and as a civilian contractor in counter narcotics in Afghanistan. He says the nation needs to restore a dynamic economy at home and end a haphazard foreign policy overseas.
On the Web:
- Sen. Michael Baumgartner's Website
- Final Washington Senate sessions legislative update by Sen. Michael Baumgartner:
- Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell's Website
- Video on Cantwell's sponsored bill, The CLEAR Act - An Explanation: