Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 31, 2011
State's first premier liquor store opens in West Seattle
The Washington State Liquor Control Board has opened its first premier liquor store. The West Seattle store, at 4100 SW Alaska St., is the first of two new high volume, specialty stores the state is opening in urban areas.
The new store is one of 30 locations taking part in the state's year-long spirits tasting pilot project. Once a week, distillery representatives will be on hand to give customers quarter-ounce samples of their products.
What makes this new outlet a "premium" store?
- Expanded floor space. It's 45% larger than the typical liquor store.
- Double the normal selection, with nearly 2,000 products
- Upscale fixtures and lighting
- Spirits tastings
- Digital signage provides product information and public safety messages
- Washington produced craft spirits, beer and wine are prominently featured