Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Snow and Ice
Thu March 22, 2012
Studded tire deadline extended for Wash.
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Washington Transportation Department has extended the deadline to remove studded tires to April 16.
The department says it wants to accommodate Easter weekend drivers who may encounter winter driving conditions in Cascade passes.
Typically, studded tires are legal in Washington from the beginning of November to the end of March, but they have to be removed because of damage to highways and bridge decks.