Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Snow and Ice
Thu March 22, 2012
Studded tire deadline extended for Wash.
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Washington Transportation Department has extended the deadline to remove studded tires to April 16.
The department says it wants to accommodate Easter weekend drivers who may encounter winter driving conditions in Cascade passes.
Typically, studded tires are legal in Washington from the beginning of November to the end of March, but they have to be removed because of damage to highways and bridge decks.