Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Snow and Ice
Studded tire deadline extended for Wash.
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Washington Transportation Department has extended the deadline to remove studded tires to April 16.
The department says it wants to accommodate Easter weekend drivers who may encounter winter driving conditions in Cascade passes.
Typically, studded tires are legal in Washington from the beginning of November to the end of March, but they have to be removed because of damage to highways and bridge decks.