Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sun October 28, 2012
Sumi Tonooka on Jazz Northwest
Pianist Sumi Tonooka was born in Philadelphia and has spent most of her career playing, touring and recording while based on the East Coast. On this week's Jazz Northwest, she talks with Jim Wilke about her development as a musician and how and why she recently moved to Seattle.
She'll also be heard playing several pieces from a New York concert. She'll play a solo concert in Seattle on Monday October 29 at The Chapel as part of this year's Earshot Festival.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and beginning this week is heard at A NEW TIME: 2 PM on Sunday afternoons.