Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Sun October 28, 2012
Sumi Tonooka on Jazz Northwest
Pianist Sumi Tonooka was born in Philadelphia and has spent most of her career playing, touring and recording while based on the East Coast. On this week's Jazz Northwest, she talks with Jim Wilke about her development as a musician and how and why she recently moved to Seattle.
She'll also be heard playing several pieces from a New York concert. She'll play a solo concert in Seattle on Monday October 29 at The Chapel as part of this year's Earshot Festival.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and beginning this week is heard at A NEW TIME: 2 PM on Sunday afternoons.