Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Super Bowl XLVIII
Thu January 30, 2014
Super Bow: Seattle, Denver Philharmonics Face Off With Iconic Songs
They’re calling it the “Battle of the Batons” or the “Super Bow," complete with maestros in NFL hats.
In a video mashup, the Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra and the Denver Philharmonic Orchestra faced off in a battle of iconic songs representing the two cities.
The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra plays “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head.” Denver plays “Rocky Mountain High.” And there’s a little bit of Wagner and Strauss thrown in.
“Denver came up with the idea and recommended we do a little mash-up competition,” said Will Dieterle Hyman, a trustee on the Seattle Philharmonic board seen conducting the orchestra’s wind section in the video.
The mission of the Seattle Philharmonic is to promote classical music, often in a more casual, lighthearted way.
Hyman, by the way, grew up in Colorado. But rest assured, he’s rooting for the Seahawks.