Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Super Bowl XLVIII
Thu January 30, 2014
Super Bow: Seattle, Denver Philharmonics Face Off With Iconic Songs
They’re calling it the “Battle of the Batons” or the “Super Bow," complete with maestros in NFL hats.
In a video mashup, the Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra and the Denver Philharmonic Orchestra faced off in a battle of iconic songs representing the two cities.
The Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra plays “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head.” Denver plays “Rocky Mountain High.” And there’s a little bit of Wagner and Strauss thrown in.
“Denver came up with the idea and recommended we do a little mash-up competition,” said Will Dieterle Hyman, a trustee on the Seattle Philharmonic board seen conducting the orchestra’s wind section in the video.
The mission of the Seattle Philharmonic is to promote classical music, often in a more casual, lighthearted way.
Hyman, by the way, grew up in Colorado. But rest assured, he’s rooting for the Seahawks.