Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Super Bowl halftime show review
It's the unlikely history of the biggest halftime show on the planet: the Super Bowl. Sunday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers will be Super Bowl XLV - yes, 45 years of the Big Game - and among the millions watching some will be hanging on to see what passes as entertainment for the masses.
This year the Black Eyed Peas will take the halftime field stage in Arlington, Texas.
Record Bin Roulette spins us from the humble beginnings in the 1960's (with high school marching bands) to Michael Jackson in the 90's, and the 2004 game where his sister Janet brought the show to a screeching halt with the infamous "wardrobe malfunction".
In between, you've seen Carol Channing, Diana Ross, Up With People and the Rockettes. Enjoy this audio trip through musical Super Bowl history by clicking on the audio 'play' arrow at the top of this post.