Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Tacoma backs off medical marijuana proposal
TACOMA, Wash. — The Tacoma City Council has backed away from plans for medical marijuana gardens and dispensaries in the city.
Zoning regulations that had been recommended by the planning commission were removed from agenda for Tuesday's city council meeting. Mayor Marilyn Strickland said the city can't overstep state and federal drug laws.
The News Tribune reports the council plans to consider another measure next week that would make marijuana-related offenses a low enforcement priority.