Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 3, 2012
Tacoma takes cargo shipping business from Seattle
TACOMA, Wash. — A new cargo ship called Monday at the Port of Tacoma.
The containership Dusseldorf Express was the first ship from the Grand Alliance of three shipping lines that once called at the Port of Seattle.
The News Tribune reports the move will bring about four addition moorings a week to Tacoma.
The three Grand Alliance lines are Hapag-Lloyd of German, NYK of Japan and Orient Overseas Container Line of Hong Kong.