Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Fri January 27, 2012
That's a lot of cats - 74 in one camper
King County Animal Control authorities have seized 74 cats and 1 dog from a camper parked next to the Auburn Regional Medical Center.
Thursday, Auburn police responded to calls regarding numerous kitties seen looking out the windows of the camper. Police saw the camper moving, saw a lot of feline faces in the windows and heard plenty of meowing inside.
Animal Control deemed the camper unsafe and took custody of the animals. Many of them were severely dehydrated.
The owner is from Oregon and had been visiting his girlfriend for the past 5 weeks at Auburn Regional Hospital. Police say he'll likely be charged with 2nd degree animal cruelty.