Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri March 2, 2012
A thing to do tonight (With NW beer!): Toast to global health!
Live music, great local beers, food, dancing and prizes all in the name of bringing clean water to families in Ethiopia. Where do I sign up?
Tonight the non-profit organization Water 1st is hosting their annual “Water 1st — Beer 2nd” fundraiser at the Seattle Center’s Fisher Pavilion. The event begins at 7:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased online or at the door.
This event welcomes like-minded individuals who are passionate about ending global poverty and providing the opportunity to share humanitarian aid to families in Gonbisa Kussaye, Ethiopia, all the while enjoying an evening of fun (you man even see grown men in grass skirts).
Water 1st is an international non-profit organization based in Seattle dedicated to solving global crises such as the lack of clean water, poor sanitation and the imprisoning cycle of poverty.
“Because of our intensive monitoring efforts, Water 1st can say with confidence that 100% of our projects are still in operation today,” said Water 1st spokesperson.
Water 1st combats these global tragedies by providing clean drinking water, proper sanitation and health education programs.