Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Festivals and events
Fri September 16, 2011
Thing to do in Victoria: Quote The Dude
The Victoria Film Festival launches its Quote-Along Classics Series this Saturday, starting with the cult-favorite The Big Lebowski.
Taking place in the newly restored Vic Theatre, the Victoria Film Festival invites fans from all over Victoria to put on their finest bathrobe and watch the Dude attempt to recover the rug that so tied the room together.
"Get ready to experience participatory cinema," says the event listing, "dress up, quote-along, yell-along and curse-along with your favorite characters."
The Dude abides Saturday, September 17 at the Vic Theatre 808 Douglas. Doors open at 7 and the show begins at 8. Tickets are at the door and cost 10 dollars (+HST), cash only.
There will be prizes for the best costumes and the Dude's signature drink will be available at the concession stand. It is a 19+ event.
The whole durned human comedy keeps perpetuatin' itself when the Victoria Film Festival's Quote-Along Classics Series continues with Pulp Fiction in October, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy in November and Monty Python and the Holy Grail in December.
The Victoria Film Festival takes place every year with various events and festivals throughout the year.