Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Events and Festivals
Fri July 8, 2011
Things to do: Get out, literally, to the SAM's sculpture park
Go out and enjoy the summer sunshine at Olympic Sculpture Park's "Get Out, Summer at SAM". Starting this week until September 15, the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) will be hosting numerous events and activities.
On Saturday, there's yoga sessions or En Plein Air watercolor painting starting at 10 a.m., with zumba following at 2 p.m.
Then every Thursday, from 5:30pm until 8:00pm, a “Thursdays at the Park” series will have some of Seattle’s best food trucks available at the park for “yummy bites”.
Also on Thursday, “The Art of Jazz” starts at 5:30. You can hear some of the best local and national jazz, plus sign up to win prizes from KPLU and Seattle Weekly. This month features Sonando, one of Seattle’s favorite Latin Jazz groups.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out the SAM's schedule for summer activities.