Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Threats prompt closure of Lynnwood school
EDMONDS, Wash. — Classes at a high school in the Edmonds School District have been canceled following threats to student safety.
The Edmonds School District said it received information from Lynnwood Police late Thursday and decided to cancel classes Friday at Meadowdale High in Lynnwood. Police say an Internet posting mentioned threats to students. Police are investigating to determine whether the threats were credible.
The school district notified families and staff of the closure via voicemail early Friday morning and said it would provide more information when it was available.