Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Fri April 13, 2012
Threats prompt closure of Lynnwood school
EDMONDS, Wash. — Classes at a high school in the Edmonds School District have been canceled following threats to student safety.
The Edmonds School District said it received information from Lynnwood Police late Thursday and decided to cancel classes Friday at Meadowdale High in Lynnwood. Police say an Internet posting mentioned threats to students. Police are investigating to determine whether the threats were credible.
The school district notified families and staff of the closure via voicemail early Friday morning and said it would provide more information when it was available.