Most Active Stories
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
- Cookies, Including What Nancy Leson Calls The 'Best Shortbread Evah!'
News & Music Contributors
Fri April 13, 2012
Threats prompt closure of Lynnwood school
EDMONDS, Wash. — Classes at a high school in the Edmonds School District have been canceled following threats to student safety.
The Edmonds School District said it received information from Lynnwood Police late Thursday and decided to cancel classes Friday at Meadowdale High in Lynnwood. Police say an Internet posting mentioned threats to students. Police are investigating to determine whether the threats were credible.
The school district notified families and staff of the closure via voicemail early Friday morning and said it would provide more information when it was available.