Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri April 13, 2012
Threats prompt closure of Lynnwood school
EDMONDS, Wash. — Classes at a high school in the Edmonds School District have been canceled following threats to student safety.
The Edmonds School District said it received information from Lynnwood Police late Thursday and decided to cancel classes Friday at Meadowdale High in Lynnwood. Police say an Internet posting mentioned threats to students. Police are investigating to determine whether the threats were credible.
The school district notified families and staff of the closure via voicemail early Friday morning and said it would provide more information when it was available.