Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
World's Fair Anniversary
#topthis – Public to design the Space Needle’s top
The roof of Seattle's iconic Space Needle was repainted on Tuesday with the message "top this" to promote a new contest in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 1962 World's Fair.
The people who run this Seattle attraction want the public's help in designing the Space Needle's next paint job.
Officials with the Space Needle will be accepting design and color submissions for a paint job that will be on the roof from Oct. 21 through April 21. The deadline for the contest is Sept. 20.
Submissions will be narrowed down by a panel of judges. Then the public will pick the winner.