Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
World's Fair Anniversary
Wed August 22, 2012
#topthis – Public to design the Space Needle’s top
The roof of Seattle's iconic Space Needle was repainted on Tuesday with the message "top this" to promote a new contest in honor of the 50th anniversary of the 1962 World's Fair.
The people who run this Seattle attraction want the public's help in designing the Space Needle's next paint job.
Officials with the Space Needle will be accepting design and color submissions for a paint job that will be on the roof from Oct. 21 through April 21. The deadline for the contest is Sept. 20.
Submissions will be narrowed down by a panel of judges. Then the public will pick the winner.