Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 30, 2012
Town in turmoil: Pacific may go out of business
PACIFIC, Wash. — The south King County town of Pacific is more than a century old, but the city council considered a measure at the Monday meeting to disincorporate.
The council is forced to consider going out of business because the city's insurance company plans to terminate coverage at the end of the year. KING-TV reports (http://is.gd/leUgC4) the lack of insurance would make city employees personally liable for their work. The city has been in turmoil since January when Mayor Cy Sun took office and started firing department heads.
Federal budget woes