Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue October 30, 2012
Town in turmoil: Pacific may go out of business
PACIFIC, Wash. — The south King County town of Pacific is more than a century old, but the city council considered a measure at the Monday meeting to disincorporate.
The council is forced to consider going out of business because the city's insurance company plans to terminate coverage at the end of the year. KING-TV reports (http://is.gd/leUgC4) the lack of insurance would make city employees personally liable for their work. The city has been in turmoil since January when Mayor Cy Sun took office and started firing department heads.
Federal budget woes