Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Faults Seattle Schools For 'Lack Of Urgency' In Serving Most Vulnerable Students
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed September 12, 2012
Tricks and tips for home bakers
Now that the weather is finally cooling off it's time to crank up the oven. In this week's Food for Thought, Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson and I share a few favorite baking maneuvers.
You can hear all about it by clicking "listen" above. Another terrific source of baking lore is thefreshloaf.com. I've been browsing this site for several years and there are discussions and expert help from amateur and professional bakers from all over the world on every conceivable baking topic.
Everyone has a favorite baking tip to share. Post yours right here.
"Marge, it's 3a.m. Shouldn't you be baking?"