Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed September 12, 2012
Tricks and tips for home bakers
Now that the weather is finally cooling off it's time to crank up the oven. In this week's Food for Thought, Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson and I share a few favorite baking maneuvers.
You can hear all about it by clicking "listen" above. Another terrific source of baking lore is thefreshloaf.com. I've been browsing this site for several years and there are discussions and expert help from amateur and professional bakers from all over the world on every conceivable baking topic.
Everyone has a favorite baking tip to share. Post yours right here.
"Marge, it's 3a.m. Shouldn't you be baking?"