Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun June 2, 2013
Two-guitar trio in Ballard, and an anniversary in Pioneer Square on Jazz Northwest
Jazz Northwest visits two gigs this week. First is a two-guitar trio with John Stowell and Dave Peterson on guitars and Bruce Phares on bass playing at Skarbos during the Ballard Jazz Walk last April. The trio of long-time friends plays a set of standards in very comfortable surroundings with an attentive audience.
Former Seattle resident pianist Billy Wallace was back in town recently to help Clarence Acox and the Floyd Standifer Legacy Band celebrate 27 years of weekly performances at The New Orleans Creole Restaurant. Billy was a regular in the band for many years, but more recently has been active in Las Vegas and Denver. He joins Phil Sparks and Clarence Acox for a couple of tunes at the New Orleans in the final part of this week's show.
Jazz Northwest airs Sundays at 2 PM Pacific on 88.5 KPLU and is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.