Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Update: 520 bridge tolling to start Dec. 29
The Washington Transportation Department says tolling on the Highway 520 floating bridge will begin at 5 a.m. on Dec. 29.
The department plans to use tolls to help pay for a new bridge project that will cost more than $4 billion. Pontoons are already under construction to replace the 48-year-old bridge with a new six-lane bridge.
The toll rates will vary depending on traffic, up to $3.50 during the peak commute. The toll will be automatically deducted from drivers with a Good to Go transponder. Other drivers will be mailed a bill with a $1.50 surcharge.
The department has been running ads telling Seattle drivers that tolling will start this month on the Highway 520 floating bridge across Lake Washington.
EVERGREEN POINT BRIDGE REPLACEMENT
520 Floating Bridge
Work on 520