Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Fri October 19, 2012
Update: Metro apologizes for diaper incident; mom looks to sue
Metro Transit in Seattle has apologized but says it won't discipline the driver who asked a woman with a baby to get off a bus because of a stinky diaper.
Metro told KOMO the driver did not violate policy when she acted for the comfort of other passengers.
An apology is not enough for the mother, Nichole Hakimian, who threatens to sue.
She was taking her 1-year-old son to a clinic Tuesday when his diarrhea became an odor issue. She says the driver insisted she exit.
Hakimian says she found a place to change the baby and caught another bus to the clinic where her son was diagnosed with a stomach bug.
Metro says the driver is a nine-year employee with an excellent record.