Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu April 26, 2012
Update: Seahawks make surprise pick in first round of draft
The Seahawks made a surprise choice for their first round pick in the NFL draft Thursday night.
They chose Bruce Irvin, a 6-3, 248-pound defensive end from West Virginia. He's fast - dazzling scouts with a 4.5-second time in the 40 yard dash. But he also has a troubled past.
Irvin was recently arrested for breaking a sign at a sandwich shop. And there have been other problems. KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says Irvin is a tremendous athlete with some character issues.
Find out more of what Art has to say about this surprising pick tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.