Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Update: Seahawks make surprise pick in first round of draft
The Seahawks made a surprise choice for their first round pick in the NFL draft Thursday night.
They chose Bruce Irvin, a 6-3, 248-pound defensive end from West Virginia. He's fast - dazzling scouts with a 4.5-second time in the 40 yard dash. But he also has a troubled past.
Irvin was recently arrested for breaking a sign at a sandwich shop. And there have been other problems. KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says Irvin is a tremendous athlete with some character issues.
Find out more of what Art has to say about this surprising pick tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.