Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
State Employee Salaries
Wed August 10, 2011
UW football coach Steve Sarkisian top-paid state employee
A new detailed list from the Office of Financial Management names University of Washington football coach Steve Sarkasian the top paid Washington state employee in 2010, with $1.98 million in gross pay.
Sarkasian is followed in pay by UW basketball coach Lorenzo Romar, who earned $1.14 million last year.
Next up are Washington State University basketball coach Ken Bone, UW assistant football coach Nick Holt, WSU President Elson Floyd, and UW athletic director Scott Woodward. Members of the UW Medical School faculty are next on the list.
The Office of Financial Management's report notes that UW and WSU athletic department staff are not paid by taxpayer dollars. And university researchers, who are also at the top of the list, are paid through research grants, not taxes or tuition.