Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed March 23, 2011
Vegetarian? "Thass easy for you to say..."
It's a giant veg-out!
That's what the big crowds at Seattle Center's Veg Fest 2011 are there for this weekend.
In this segment of Food for Thought Nancy Leson talks a little about the Festival and turns any vegans in the crowd who didn't know about it onto a great resource, Vegan Score.
Nancy also alerted me to a thought provoking essay by New York Times food writer Mark Bittman who draws his title from the famous line in Orwell's Animal Farm. It's called Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."
-A. Whitney Brown