Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
WA Republicans face $6,700 campaign finance fine
The state's election watchdog has proposed a fine against the Washington State Republican Party for campaign finance violations, including the failure to timely report $500,000 in contributions.
The Public Disclosure Commission will consider a penalty of $6,700 during a meeting Thursday. That fine has been proposed as part of an agreement between PDC staff and the Republican party.
Documents show that the violations occurred shortly before the 2010 elections. The contributions largely came from other Republican entities but also included businesses and individuals.
The Republican party says in documents that it has taken several steps to address the internal lapses that led to the reporting problems.