Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 19, 2012
Walla Walla coroner has 300 unclaimed remains
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — The Walla Walla coroner's office is working to reunite families with more than 300 cremated remains that went unclaimed.
Coroner Richard Greenwood says he's already identified 10 of the remains as soldiers, and an honor guard conducted a burial for them.
KVEW reports (http://is.gd/oDX5yR ) the cremains have been collected from several places including prisons and funeral homes that have closed.
One Montana woman was able to find her infant who died at birth in the 1950s.
On the Web: