Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 19, 2012
Walla Walla coroner has 300 unclaimed remains
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — The Walla Walla coroner's office is working to reunite families with more than 300 cremated remains that went unclaimed.
Coroner Richard Greenwood says he's already identified 10 of the remains as soldiers, and an honor guard conducted a burial for them.
KVEW reports (http://is.gd/oDX5yR ) the cremains have been collected from several places including prisons and funeral homes that have closed.
One Montana woman was able to find her infant who died at birth in the 1950s.
On the Web: