Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 19, 2012
Walla Walla coroner has 300 unclaimed remains
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — The Walla Walla coroner's office is working to reunite families with more than 300 cremated remains that went unclaimed.
Coroner Richard Greenwood says he's already identified 10 of the remains as soldiers, and an honor guard conducted a burial for them.
KVEW reports (http://is.gd/oDX5yR ) the cremains have been collected from several places including prisons and funeral homes that have closed.
One Montana woman was able to find her infant who died at birth in the 1950s.
On the Web: