Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu July 28, 2011
Was your morning commute the pits? Crash blocks southbound I-5
TUMWATER, Wash. — The Washington State Patrol says a semi-truck driver fell asleep and crashed into a state Transportation Department truck on Interstate 5 about 5:30 a.m. Thursday near Tumwater.
No one was in the state truck and the semi driver suffered only a scratch on an arm. Southbound lanes of the freeway are blocked and rush hour traffic is diverted on side roads.
The Department of Ecology was called to help clean up about 50 gallons of fuel that spilled from the semi-truck.