Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Was your morning commute the pits? Crash blocks southbound I-5
TUMWATER, Wash. — The Washington State Patrol says a semi-truck driver fell asleep and crashed into a state Transportation Department truck on Interstate 5 about 5:30 a.m. Thursday near Tumwater.
No one was in the state truck and the semi driver suffered only a scratch on an arm. Southbound lanes of the freeway are blocked and rush hour traffic is diverted on side roads.
The Department of Ecology was called to help clean up about 50 gallons of fuel that spilled from the semi-truck.