Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 30, 2013
Wash. Political Leaders To Tout Importance Of 777X
Local political leaders in Washington state are gathering to discuss the importance of the 777X airplane.
Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson and others plan a press conference Monday to discuss Boeing ahead of a Friday vote by the Machinists union. Local Machinists leaders oppose the new contract offer, but Stephanson and others have urged them to approve the deal.
The contract would secure work on the 777X airplane for the Puget Sound. In exchange, Boeing wants to move Machinists workers away from traditional pension plans.
Joining Stephanson at the press conference will be Snohomish County Executive John Lovick, Renton Mayor Denis Law and Kent Mayor Suzette Cooke.