Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 30, 2013
Wash. Political Leaders To Tout Importance Of 777X
Local political leaders in Washington state are gathering to discuss the importance of the 777X airplane.
Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson and others plan a press conference Monday to discuss Boeing ahead of a Friday vote by the Machinists union. Local Machinists leaders oppose the new contract offer, but Stephanson and others have urged them to approve the deal.
The contract would secure work on the 777X airplane for the Puget Sound. In exchange, Boeing wants to move Machinists workers away from traditional pension plans.
Joining Stephanson at the press conference will be Snohomish County Executive John Lovick, Renton Mayor Denis Law and Kent Mayor Suzette Cooke.