Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 30, 2013
Wash. Political Leaders To Tout Importance Of 777X
Local political leaders in Washington state are gathering to discuss the importance of the 777X airplane.
Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson and others plan a press conference Monday to discuss Boeing ahead of a Friday vote by the Machinists union. Local Machinists leaders oppose the new contract offer, but Stephanson and others have urged them to approve the deal.
The contract would secure work on the 777X airplane for the Puget Sound. In exchange, Boeing wants to move Machinists workers away from traditional pension plans.
Joining Stephanson at the press conference will be Snohomish County Executive John Lovick, Renton Mayor Denis Law and Kent Mayor Suzette Cooke.