Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue November 8, 2011
Washington mom rescues tot from washing machine
A Washington state woman used a wrench to break the window of a running washing machine and rescue her 5-year-old daughter at a Laundromat in Okanogan.
The Okanogan County sheriff's office says the girl either climbed in or was put in the washing machine Saturday night and it started running even though it had been marked "out of order."
The Wenatchee World reports (http://bit.ly/vwT6D3 ) the 29-year-old mother ran to her car, grabbed the wrench, smashed the washing machine door and pulled out her daughter.
The girl suffered a 10-inch cut on her back and was treated at a hospital in Omak.