Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Washington mom rescues tot from washing machine
A Washington state woman used a wrench to break the window of a running washing machine and rescue her 5-year-old daughter at a Laundromat in Okanogan.
The Okanogan County sheriff's office says the girl either climbed in or was put in the washing machine Saturday night and it started running even though it had been marked "out of order."
The Wenatchee World reports (http://bit.ly/vwT6D3 ) the 29-year-old mother ran to her car, grabbed the wrench, smashed the washing machine door and pulled out her daughter.
The girl suffered a 10-inch cut on her back and was treated at a hospital in Omak.