Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Washington revenue forecast drops $1.4 billion
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Washington's latest revenue forecast predicts a $1.4 billion drop in tax collections through June of 2013.
The state's chief economist Arun Raha said today that "fear and uncertainty" have "overwhelmed consumer and business behavior."
The gloomy forecast could intensify calls for a special session in Olympia or lead to a new round of across the board cuts by the governor.