Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Diversion du jour
Wed March 13, 2013
Watch: Puget Sound seal pup slips and slides on surfboard
At first he didn’t succeed, and he tried, tried again.
Several seal pups took respite on a surfer’s board in Puget Sound near Three Tree Point earlier this month. But for one of novice pup, surfing, it turned out, wasn’t as easy as others had made it seem.
A GoPro camera mounted on the board captured the little guy in action.
“It had rained that morning and the slip n’ slide ensued,” wrote YouTube user HydRemote who posted the video.
In the end, persistence pays off for the pup who appears to relish the chance for a close-up.