Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed August 10, 2011
Wenatchee police tell gang not to retaliate for deadly fire
WENATCHEE, Wash. – Wenatchee police have contacted a gang that appeared to be the target of a fire that killed two children and warned it not to retaliate.
Sgt. John Kruse says the gang was told retaliation would be very detrimental to solving the homicide.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris says the boys, 4 and 6 years old, died of smoke inhalation.
The Wenatchee World reports the fire is being investigated as arson.
Police say the duplex has been a target of gang activity in the past, but no one in the house at the time of Thursday's fire is believed to be a gang member.
The boys' father suffered serious burns trying to save them and is in a Seattle hospital.