Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Wenatchee police tell gang not to retaliate for deadly fire
WENATCHEE, Wash. – Wenatchee police have contacted a gang that appeared to be the target of a fire that killed two children and warned it not to retaliate.
Sgt. John Kruse says the gang was told retaliation would be very detrimental to solving the homicide.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris says the boys, 4 and 6 years old, died of smoke inhalation.
The Wenatchee World reports the fire is being investigated as arson.
Police say the duplex has been a target of gang activity in the past, but no one in the house at the time of Thursday's fire is believed to be a gang member.
The boys' father suffered serious burns trying to save them and is in a Seattle hospital.