Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Wenatchee police tell gang not to retaliate for deadly fire
WENATCHEE, Wash. – Wenatchee police have contacted a gang that appeared to be the target of a fire that killed two children and warned it not to retaliate.
Sgt. John Kruse says the gang was told retaliation would be very detrimental to solving the homicide.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris says the boys, 4 and 6 years old, died of smoke inhalation.
The Wenatchee World reports the fire is being investigated as arson.
Police say the duplex has been a target of gang activity in the past, but no one in the house at the time of Thursday's fire is believed to be a gang member.
The boys' father suffered serious burns trying to save them and is in a Seattle hospital.