Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Mon September 17, 2012
What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics
Originally published on Mon September 17, 2012 10:31 am
Last month, we published a post showing what people with full-time jobs do on days when they work.
That post made us curious: What do those people do on the weekends, when they're not working?
Here's the answer.
The same caveats we used in our earlier post apply here:
The figures come from the American Time Use Survey, which is conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The numbers are, of course, averages. So parents may spend much more time, say, caring for children, while people without children will spend no time at all.
And, yes, we know it's silly to have time down to the second.