Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
- Hugs And Kisses For XO Sauce, The Mommy Of All Umami
News & Music Contributors
Mon September 17, 2012
What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics
Originally published on Mon September 17, 2012 10:31 am
Last month, we published a post showing what people with full-time jobs do on days when they work.
That post made us curious: What do those people do on the weekends, when they're not working?
Here's the answer.
The same caveats we used in our earlier post apply here:
The figures come from the American Time Use Survey, which is conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The numbers are, of course, averages. So parents may spend much more time, say, caring for children, while people without children will spend no time at all.
And, yes, we know it's silly to have time down to the second.