Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
sounds of snails
Mon August 26, 2013
This is What Snails Sound Like When They Eat
When snails chow down, they make some noise, says Washington snail farmer Ric Brewer.
We can hear the snails eating with their toothed tongue, as well as the “squoosh” of their slime, Brewer says. Here's his brief explanation, followed by the sounds of the snails themselves.
Brewer is the only snail farmer in Washington state, and possibly in the U.S. He raises some 5,000 of what he calls “the original slow food” at his Little Gray Farms Escargotiere in Quilcene.