Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Thu December 19, 2013
Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
Washington state is the most innovative state in the nation, according to a new ranking by Bloomberg.
The publication ranked the states using a points system based on six criteria, which heavily favored the tech industry.
The ranking tallied the numbers of STEM professionals, innovation patents and holders of degrees in science and technology in each state. Bloomberg also considered the intensity of research and development, productivity and the gross state product based on each employed resident.
While Washington state didn’t top other states in any single category, its total score of 83.25 topped the list.
California ranked second, followed by Massachusetts. Oregon ranked fifth (see full list).