Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Wim Wenders talks of processing loss, learning new language of dance theater
One of the most talked-about Oscar nominations this year is the 3-D dance documentary, Pina by Wim Wenders.
The German “new-wave” director is also well-known for the feature film Wings of Desire and for the jazz documentary Buena Vista Social Club.
His new movie is a portrait of the late German choreographer, Pina Bausch.
KPLU’s Bellamy Pailthorp asked him to tell the story of how he first discovered her work, reluctantly, almost three decades ago.
His girlfriend insisted he go with her to see a performance.
Wenders says, he expected to be bored…
<you can hear the rest of the story by clicking "listen" above>
“Pina” is screening in 3D at Seattle’s Cinerama Theatre through March 8th.
Here's the official trailer: