Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
- Hugs And Kisses For XO Sauce, The Mommy Of All Umami
News & Music Contributors
Thu January 16, 2014
Wordless News: Legalizing 'Charlotte's Web' Medical Marijuana
Originally published on Thu January 16, 2014 12:22 pm
Every day, illustrator Maria Fabrizio posts a news-inspired image on her Wordless News blog. This week, all of her pictures will be inspired by stories she hears on Morning Edition.
Today, Greg Allen's story caught her ear: It's about how parents of children with a rare seizure disorder want access to a marijuana extract to treat it. This variety of the drug, known as Charlotte's Web, has very little of the primary component that produces the high. Families have been moving to Colorado to get access to the therapy, and Florida is considering legalization.