Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
WSU coach Leach bans players from Twitter
PULLMAN, Wash. — Washington State University football coach Mike Leach has banned players from using Twitter.
He told The Spokesman-Review players posting anything on Twitter — "and I don't care if it says, 'I love life" — will be suspended. Athletic director Bill Moos says he supports the coach's decision. He says some vulgar tweets written by WSU players had been brought to his attention Tuesday but he did not address the matter with Leach. Moos says some tweets do not portray the image he wants for athletes and they need to focus on "getting things done academically and building this program." The Cougars have a 2-5 record, winless in four Pac-12 games in Leach's first season as coach. They play Saturday at Stanford.