Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle Scientists Find Brain Area Linked To Motivation To Exercise
- 'The Easiest, Most Delicious Thing To Do With Corn' That Nancy Leson Has Ever Tasted
- 2 Recipes To Turn The Season's Cucumbers Into Crisp, Appetizing Pickles
- Wash. Attorney General: If You Like Legal Marijuana, Support Local Pot Bans
- Is it time to rename Mount Rainier to its former native name?
News & Music Contributors
Fri April 20, 2012
WSU gets $5 million donation for organic agriculture
PULLMAN, Wash. — Washington State University's pioneering programs in organic and sustainable agriculture received a $5 million donation on Friday.
The gift is from alumni and natural foods pioneers Chuck and Louanna Eggert and their family to expand the WSU Organic Farm from four acres to nearly 30 acres. That will give WSU the largest organic teaching farm on a university campus in the United States.
The Eggerts founded Pacific Natural Foods in 1987.
Washington State established the nation's first organic farming major in 2006.