Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
WSU student survives 11-story fall
PULLMAN, Wash. — A Washington State University student has survived a fall from the 11th story of a dormitory building.
The school says the 22-year-old male student fell from Orton Hall on Wednesday night.
University spokesman Darin Watkins says the student suffered extensive injuries and was flown to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
The student's fall was broken by trees next to the building and he landed in the grass. When emergency crews arrived, the student was conscious and talking.
WSU Police say alcohol was not a factor in the fall and no foul play is suspected.